PMO Roadmap Delivers Quick Wins for Game Retailer
This game retailer needed better communication and improved alignment between its Business and IT divisions to meet strategic goals:
- Increase the capacity and throughput of IT through efficient and effective practices (Do more with less).
- Enhance support for executive decision making through more accurate project data and analysis.
- Build a more predictable and consistent approach to delivering high quality, successful projects.
Over the course of ~90 days Daugherty developed an IT PMO Roadmap focused on delivering quick wins to key areas of need:
- Portfolio Dashboards & Review Process
- Exception-based Project Reporting & Review
- Dependency Management
- PMO/PM Role & Expectation Definition
- PM Guidelines & Toolkit
- Work Unit-based Estimation and Resource Planning
- Improved Communication: Development of an Executive Dashboard will keep key decision makers informed
- Increased Visibility & Tracking: Update Performance Management Toolkit to allow entire business to track scope, resources, cost, etc. through an dashboard-style report
- Superior IT Throughput: Create project planning and estimating templates to make projects more efficient and predictable
- Better Project Consistency: Develop dependency tracking mechanism to build sustainable and repeatable processes for future projects