Providing Next Step for Global Agricultural Company Using Portfolio Management Process
When you’re a global company with employees in 67 countries, your portfolio management process needs to be in perfect form. That’s why this large agricultural company came to Daugherty for its global project portfolio management process health assessment. With clearly defined business goals, this company was looking to:
- Become increasingly more proactive in working with the business to design and deliver solutions
- Enable business velocity by eliminating resource constraints
- Reduce costs, complexity and redundancy
- Provide increased value to business with consultative relationship
- Increase quality and reduce inefficiencies
Over the course of 18 days, Daugherty interviewed 10 stakeholders, reviewing three business segment portfolios to conduct the assessment, identify and analyze gaps, and define recommendations and a roadmap to meet the business’ objectives.
Daugherty was quickly able to provide recommended next steps for the organization, including:
- An Initial Execution Plan with a Stakeholder Map, 3 year Roadmap, High Level Business Cases, High Level S.W.O.T analysis, Initial Opportunities List (39), Prescription Cards (10 Initiatives), among others.
- Training Program Improvements including prioritization timelines and expectations, aligning people and activities across each role to empower people, and guiding the right types of people to act at the right time
- Improved Communication Identifiers based on the new Global IT Process which highlights hard (money, time, materials, etc.) and soft benefits (customer satisfaction, faster system performance, etc.) for the Global Portfolio system.Implementing customer data integration and improvements to drive secondary volume / distribution visibility.
- Implementing customer data integration and improvements to drive secondary volume / distribution visibility.
- Launched successful program to build-out technology and process enablers.