Information-Based Selling Roadmap for CPG
This major CPG entity’s Convenience and Food Service goal was to create a world-class information and insights driven culture to build their go-to-market sales planning and execution capabilities in order to increase go-to-market effectiveness, drive competitive advantage, and accelerate growth.
The existing roadmap was overly technology-centric and boiler-plate, and failed to demonstrate how business value would be captured.
Daugherty provided a rapid (1-day) Business Prioritization & Planning workshop, using our 15-point CPG & Retail Leading Practices Framework. An actionable roadmap was completed in just 8 weeks that focused on:
- Integrated Product & Customer Planning
- Multi-level Dynamic Customer Segmentation
- Store/Operator Sales Objective Targeting
- Optimized Trade Promotion
- Sales Execution Direction & Tracking
- Closed-Loop Analytics & Business Insights
- Identified and prioritized 24 required business capabilities, and defined, estimated and planned 13 initiatives.
- Implementing customer data integration and improvements to drive secondary volume / distribution visibility.
- Launched successful program to build-out technology and process enablers.