Senior Consultant -Project Management
- I grew up in:
- Hamden, Connecticut, which is right outside New Haven (home to Yale university)
- I live in:
- Flemington, NJ (This is the part of NJ we don’t want other people to know about. We have more farm animals and horses in our county than people.)
- I chose to work at Daugherty because:
- I had never worked as a consultant, nor had I worked in the PBM field. I have been with Daugherty for a year now, and it has been a great experience.
- What’s the best professional advice you’ve ever received?:
- For 20 years, I have managed people. Early on someone told me that when you retire you will not remember a big sale, or a great piece of software you wrote, but you will remember how you helped someone change their lives. You put them in a position for success. I have been lucky enough to have done this a few times and am still friendly with the people and their families.
- What was your first job?:
- My first job ever was a baseball umpire. I have had several interesting summer jobs. I was a teamster, I was in the UAW, and I was a typewriter repairman.
- My skills include:
- Being able to work with people. I can read them and understand what their strengths and weaknesses are. I am very good at this and able to very quickly break big
- Industries you’ve worked in:
- Auto, food service, telecom, software tools, research
- Proudest Moment:
- Being contacted by someone who worked for me years ago to thank me for something I had done years ago
- People would be surprised to hear that I:
- Was a Baker before Daugherty. I had taken 4 years off between jobs. During this time I worked as a pizza cook, a chef, then a baker.
- In my spare time, I like to:
- Bike, Hike and Ski. Basically anything outdoors.
- I volunteer at Meals on Wheels, at an adult daycare center and for 15 years I have run my town’s ski club for middle school students.
problems down into a lot of solvable smaller ones.