Software Architect – Java
Team Daugherty is hiring a Software Architect to join us in St. Louis. This role will design solutions for multiple clients in the metro area. Software Architects have superior technical expertise gained from extensive experience and industry research of best practices within database, pattern implementation, coding and architecture. This individual will contribute to a team project predominately focused on architecture and development. In this position you will work with a team typically in an Agile methodology completing various development and coding initiatives. We want to find architects with a broad range of languages who can adapt to new client environments and learn new technologies quickly.
As a Software Architect you will be responsible for the following:
- Designing software solutions to meet the client’s various business and technical needs.
- Managing a team of developers and analysts throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Analyzing application specifications and technology approaches to ensure business requirements are met and are scalable for future product releases.
- Working with business analysts and management to recommend future application solutions.
- Producing conceptual design documents and detailed specifications for large-scale and complex projects to reinforce our technical product and architectural standards.
- Collaborating with business analysts to diagnose and resolve complex defects identified throughout testing phases.
We are looking for someone with:
- A 4-year college degree in computer science or business.
- 10+ years of experience in Java/J2EE software development.
- Strong experience with Struts, Springs, JSF, UML, OOAD, SOAP/SOA, and multi-tier software design and development.
- A level of comfort in a Linux shell.
- Experience with build systems such as Ant or Maven.
- Project experience with XML, WSDL, XSD and JSON.
- Project experience with Spring MVC, JPA and Ajax.
- Experience with developing PL/SQL for Oracle DB or Transact-SQL for MS SQL Server is a plus.
We offer members of Team Daugherty:
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance.
- Revenue sharing and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Life, disability and long-term care insurance.
- Little to no travel.
- Robust career development and training.
When you are a Daugherty employee, your job doesn’t end when a contract is up. You stay on as an indispensable member of the team with career growth opportunities tailored to your interests and talents. Apply today to take your career to the next level.