Application Architect (JAVA)
Team Daugherty is looking for a Software Application Architect to join our Atlanta team. A successful candidate for this position is someone with a love for problem solving, and a true team player. This role is essential to client strategy and successful delivery.
As an Application Architect, you will be responsible for the following:
- Software design solutions to meet the client’s business and technical needs.
- Analyzing application specifications and technology approaches to ensure business requirements are met and are scalable for future product releases.
- Investigating future products, and making proposals that may include reusable components.
- Working with Scrum team and management to recommend future application solutions.
- Demonstrating fluency in technical aspects of a suite of specialized products and business applications.
- Producing conceptual design documents and detailed specifications for large-scale projects.
- Collaborating with a team to diagnose and resolve complex defects identified through testing.
The Software Application Architect will also be responsible for mentoring other developers to help them improve their skills. As a mentor, this role has the opportunity to help other members of the Daugherty team progress from Software Engineer I to Enterprise Architect. With this growth path, in addition to mentoring, Daugherty’s goal is to provide Application Architects with the tools to expand both technical capabilities and business advisory skills.
We are looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of software development and design experience.
- Experience utilizing J2EE architecture and design.
- A strong grasp of object oriented principles.
- Some experience with core Java, J2EE, and DI frameworks (Spring, CDI, JBoss, Tomcat), as well as Hibernate Configuration (Connection, Dialect, Mappings).
- SOA implementations in Java: SOAP, REST, JMS, JAX/RS, JAX/WS.
- An understanding of source control systems such as GIT, SVN or CVS.
- Knowledge of build systems such as Gradle, Ant or Maven.
- Experience working in a Scrum/ Agile environment (preferred).
- Time spent working with one or more NoSQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Riak is preferred.
- Knowledge of Groovy, Grails, Scala, Mobile, Angular.js, Node.js, Twitter Bootstrap and/or other controls and JQuery (preferred).
- Experience with queries on at least one of the following: SQL, Oracle, DB2, Postgres, SQLServer, Sqlite and MySQL.
We offer members of Team Daugherty:
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance.
- Revenue sharing and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Life, disability and long-term care insurance.
- Little to no travel.
- Robust career development and training.
At Daugherty Business Solutions, we believe that a fusion of insight, talent and technology makes companies run better. If you think that you would be a good fit for Team Daugherty, then apply today!